Sunday, June 12, 2011

A nice thought...

I finally found a "good" bumblebee stamp for a locket. 
I love the colors. This one is from Norway. 


And so, I needed a related quote for the reverse.
Actually, just about any of the quotes I use would do,
as I try not to make particularly obvious links between the quote and image. 
However, this quote struck me.
Perhaps it is strange to put on a locket, and maybe not something you would want to give as a gift. 
But, I thought it was beautiful. 
And just a nice thought:

Last night,
as I was sleeping,
I dreamt-marvelous error!-
that I had a beehive here inside my heart.
And the golden bees were making
white combs and sweet honey
from my old 
failures.
-Antonio Machado


ps-if you like the bee and not the quote, pick another one or send me your own : )

No comments:

Post a Comment